You DO NOT need a visa for short stays in Germany if you are:
- a citizen of the EU/EEA/EFTA,
- a spouse (married/civil partnership) or child of an EU/EEA/EFTA national must hold one of the following British visas that say explicitly: "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" OR "Permanent Residence Card" - and must travel with the EU/EEA/EFTA national. Please compare displayed samples (see on the right hand side) carefully,
- a holder of a Diplomatic, Service or Special Passport from Chad, Ghana, Philippines and Turkey,
- a holder of a Diplomatic, Service, Special or Official Passport from Thailand,
- a holder of a Diplomatic Passport from Albania, Algeria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Armenia, Georgia, Ecuador, India, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Macedonia, Malawi, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Pakistan, Peru, Russian Federation, Serbia, South Africa, Tunisia, Ukraine and United Arab Emirates, Vietnam,
- a citizen of a country listed below (provided you are not going to stay longer than three months and you are not going to do any paid or self-employed work):
|Albania||Bulgaria||Japan||New Zealand||Taiwan (only passports that include an ID number)|
|Andorra||Canada||Korea (Republic of)||Panama||USA|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Chile||Macao (RAE only)||Paraguay||Uruguay|
|Bosnia Herzegovina (only biometric passports)||Honduras||Monaco||Singapore|
|Brazil||Hong Kong (SAR passports)||Montenegro||St. Kitts & Nevis|
Holders of British Passports/Travel Documents:
To enter Germany without a visa, you must have one of these:
- British "European Community" passport issued in or after July 1988
- British "Isle of Man", "Jersey" and "Guernsey and its dependencies" passport
- Travel Documents according with the Convention of July 28, 1951 or the Convention of September 28 1954. (These Travel Documents must be valid for at least another four months at the time of entry into Germany.)
- British Subject passport
- British Overseas Territories citizen passport
- British Nationals Overseas (BNO) passport.
- British Protected Persons Passport
- British Overseas Citizens Passport
Citizens of any countries not mentioned above WILL need a visa to enter Germany.
The processing time for visa applications for the nationals of the following countries is 14 days. In addition to the regular requirements, these nationals have to provide a full address of reference in Germany with postcode.
|Oman||Pakistan||Palestine (Travel document)||Philippines||Qatar|
|Tunisia||United Arab Emirates||Uzbekistan||Yemen||Vietnam|
Please note that Travel Documents issued by the countries named above will need the same processing time.